Monday, November 30, 2009

knit skirt

close up

I knitted a purple skirt.

I'm so proud of myself being able to finish this knitting project with a satisfying result. I'd say I'm getting used to knitting! (I'm still just a seasonal and occasional knitter though.)

The pattern is from my favorite old knitting book "A/T creation-knit" from NIHON VOGUE-SHA Co., Ltd. (Unfortunately, the book has been out of print for ages...AND written in Japanese.)
The original version in the book is an ankle length-, hem fringed-, rather sporty- and tight brown skirt. As you can certainly see I shortened it quite a bit, but I knitted as exactly as the chart said except some minor executions and length.
It has a knitted body with a crochet hem with fringes.

front
back

=====
#17 cabled skirt with fringes on the hem
by Keiji ITAKURA

Rowan Lima Colorway 884, 5 skeins
5.5 mm and 4.5 mm knitting needles and 5mm crochet hook
=====

I really like the color of the yarn. Isn't it nice!



**the raspberry colored hooded jumper is also one of my latest results. made of woolen jersy. pattern from anneeduex* (PDF), omitted front zip and front kangaroo pockets from the original. **
**If you are one of Ravelers, visit me for other pictures!**

Have a great week!

7 comments:

  1. Love the skirt! Great job... I'm also an occasional knitter and have yet to knit something wearable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a fab skirt!
    I have a cutting of a dress almost the excat same, even the fringe around the hem. So, So cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful skirt!! And I love the color of that hoodie. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! I don't think I would have the patience to make such a big knit project! Well done for persevering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you made that--- it is beautiful! And so professional looking. You are a very good knitter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a completely AMAZING skirt! I couldn't ever wear this anywhere, though! I'd snag it on something before I got out the door & be unwinding all over town... OR the entire skirt would have "fringes" everywhere. Do you ever share patterns I'd even learn Japanese for he occasion & finish it when I'm almost 70.
    Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!!