Friday, July 16, 2010

Update on jersey sewing

I've made a jersey dress and a cardigan in a short time. You can imagine how much I am bored and longing for my Bernina by this. (To confess that, I start loving the loaned sewing machine too, maybe because I am taking care of it so much, so often.)

100714
100714
I sewed an easy jersey dress from a tank top pattern.

The pattern for this dress was actually my favorite tank top pattern. I extended the length and also added a pair of short ribbons at waist to make a knot on front (they don't go around the back). The ribbons were sewn in the side seams when the front and back parts were stitched together. The pattern is "gathered (neck) tank top" from Aviver Paper Patterns which is a Japanese web pattern shop. It has got a set of twisted band of hem at neckline and armholes as you may see in my pictures, and I like the interesting feature. I am devoted to this pattern when talking about tank tops, because I know the results from the pattern always look feminine and pretty. I'm happy that it made a pretty dress too.


The fabric is 2-way stretch soft cotton jersey with PU blend, which has an obvious characteristic print. Before you mention it, I'd love to explain that this print is indeed being licensed by the brand which you are likely to imagine. I am not familiar with brands and such businesses, but I've heard that some company got a deal with the brand's company for a license to use those kind of prints (I don't think these prints are exactly same as those ones which were used for the high fashion brand, they are just similar) on their own fabrics, and thus these fabrics are sold with the iconic prints legally in Japan. By the way, they have no name of Pucci on them at all.

That's why I am wearing very home-sewn and rather casual jersey dress, which might remind most of the people one certain luxurious brand. Now I am a bit worried if it was legal to tell internationally..... I hope it is.


I also made another Fujiko cardigan in the color that suits this dress.
100714
The fabric is a linen blended very soft silk jersey in soft peach pink. I'm really enjoying every single piece of my handmade cardigans, they must look indistinguishable to everybody else though. They fit me differently. They delight me differently too, that's for sure, but it was my happiest secret. Until now.


I'm wishing you another happy day!
yoshimi


P.S.
I rarely put the direct links to certain web pages within my writing but I always have a link list of my favorite pattern shops in the right section. Please use it when you would like to visit them. The reason why I am this lazy includes the fact that I love to be a very bad and the least enthusiastic evangelist of any web shop. Yep, I am an enemy of web shops.

10 comments:

  1. Nice choice in the material. So lovely and looks great on you. I always admire your style and how streamlined your creations are. Very nice job, once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your jersey garments as with all your other works! You got me thinking if I should get a serger but it's a bit learning how to fly before I could walk kind of thing for me. But I do have 2 pieces of jersey fabric in my stash waiting for that day to arrive. About the 'designer' fabric, I found one piece that look exactly like a Liberty print in the fabric market but not sure if I could discuss it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing. The neck is lovely and the cardigan is an excellent companion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dress and cardigan. Just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dress and cardi are beautiful! All of you pretty sweaters have made me want to try making a cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very flattering - nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Pretty, So Flattering! Your Cardigans always make me smile too!

    ~Kelli @ Smidgens

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE that dress! I'm so jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute dress. Love the vibrant colours, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful dress ! I saw some jersey fabric at a fabric store in my hometown. I dare not buy any because I am always scare of sewing fabric that stretch.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!!