Sunday, May 18, 2014

Eva skirt

I'm blending into the flowers.

I've been taking photos of my daily outfit every day for about half a month, as I'm joining Me-Made-May'14 as usual. I'm feeling very happy and also super busy!

At Me-Made-May'14 Flickr group, I try to leave comments, "like"s or anything similar on other participants projects as many as possible, but it is quite difficult to commit it as much as I'd like because the party is huge. I think I need 50 hours in a day if I try to do everything I need/want to do in my life at this moment. My other blog, photo maisonette, with Carolyn is importantly having the final month for uploading our photographs too, and it makes me feel that time flies like a shooting star. I hope I am not going to be burned out like a shooting star, by the way, it is just a silly figure of speech. I love my silliness.



*
I sewed a skirt using my newly bought Eva dress pattern from Tessuti. I was planning to make a dress at first, in this African wax print fabric, but I failed to make adjustments of the Eva's bodice in this kind of fabrics. FYI, Eva calls for softer fabrics and I am not saying that the pattern is difficult to fit using right fabrics. After making 6 unsuccessful toiles of bodice in similar firm cotton to my African print, I gave up a dress and made this skirt from Eva. I simply sewed the skirt and put casings for elastic at waist so that I can pull it on. I made a tank top blouse with remnants too. I'm very happy with the result! Eva's skirt is cocoon-shaped and I think it is very charming and worthy of special mention!



Happy sewing to you, friends!

Love,
yoshimi

=====
Skirt: Eva from Tessuti
Tank top: old pattern
=====

I finally had an extreme ironing session(fake)

16 comments:

  1. Separates are fantastic. For me, they are more comfortable than a dress and they give you more options to mix around your wardrobe. I love the skirt you created, and it looks lovely with the tank. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this shape and agree that it will work even better as seperates. Ha! Love your extreme ironing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw you wearing this in the MMM14 Fllickr group the other day and thought it all so lovely. I like the way you placed the pattern and maybe like it better as 2 separates, than a dress?! The top is just so cute paired with the pretty skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Separates are the backbone of any wardrobe. I like the shape and the dress. It will give you quite a bit of wear when you put them together with other garments in your closet :~) mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just been Googling and ogling the Eva pattern. I love it, specially in the print, colours and fabric you chose. Thanks for the heads up about the difficult fitting top. Your outfit looks great as a two piece. The only thing that would put me off about that is wearing it on a really hot day – I prefer as little as possible touching my waist.
    Sorry to see the maisonette close its doors. The pix have been wonderful. Do you exchange ideas about what you will shoot each day because very often there is a strong theme or link between your photos. Thank you. I have enjoyed seeing pix of daily life in your two countries.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words on photo maisonette. We started it as a one-year project, and I think it shall be so. It's been really fun to wonder which photo to upload there every day. We never exchange ideas about what to present, nor knew what the other was going to upload, except on the day we were meeting in person. Life is full of interesting coincidences, isn't it? :)

      Delete
  6. I think your solution to the fitting problems was inspired. I love the print and I think it looks wonderful as an ensemble, but would also be terrific paired with other colours. Adore the extreme ironing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That outfit looks very pretty. Eva dress has very nice patterns, but the vintage styles can be hard to fit. Six toiles is more than enough! I'm happy your outfit turned out well.
    And I think it is important to be silly, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this outfit and you did an amazing job with the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and Carolyn have done an amazing piece of work with your photo blog.
    I love how you've taken Eva and used it to suit your needs. The fabric and skirt are a perfect match for your shape.

    There's always something lovely in everyone's patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Second this. I hope the photo blog goes for more than a year.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Maria and lorrwill, for your lovely comments on photo maisonette!! I've been enjoying it so much and also I felt about it strangely too (and this is my favorite part about photo maisonette). I wanted to tell many things in a single photo everyday and it has been simply hard to do. I wanted to take pretty pictures to share in the blog but at the same time I had to admit that prettiness isn't the main ingredient of my life so I shouldn't focus about taking "pretty" pictures... then what to picture? how? what is my life anyway? blah-blah-blah. I repeated going round and round this kind of circuits, every day, because of the tiny blog. Phew it was fun. I am glad if you liked it too!!

      Delete
  10. What a fantastic print Yoshimi! I agree that the separates look great. The skirt has a lovely shape to it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also have to applaud your placement of the print. It is PERFECT. Both pieces are lovely and suit you so well.
    You are such a wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, this worked out very well indeed! These days I have less patience when it comes to sewing (I just try to focus on fun & relaxation) so I'm very impressed that you persevered with SIX toiles!! I think this will be even better than your original plans because it will be so much more versatile. The African wax is beautiful too. I'm not sure I'm bold enough to wear a print like that but as always you look gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is a fabulous outfit. You are just impossibly cute by the way. Love the print and the shape of those two pieces and especially the shoes too. Just found your blog recently... keep up the beautiful sewing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!!